Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Random and Extremely Interesting Facts

The thing that I love best about my readers is that they are such good listeners. I decided to do a quick and short entry on random items that you may be interested hearing about. Here we go...

27 lbs - Weight of Dave´s backpack (I told you we were packing light)
20.5 lbs - weight of my backpack (light, light, light)
85 cents - cost of a liter of the local beer
85 cents - cost of a very cheap bottle of wine
$1.25 - cost of ravioli and tomato sauce when we make it ourselves (enough for 2)
$6 - average cost for a night in a hostel so far (cheapest is $5, most was $7)
Machu Pichu - single item I projected to be my favorite thing before i left on the trip
Iguazu Falls - single item Dave projected to be his favorite thing before he left on the trip
Chile - country i projected to like best (we´ll see)
Argentina - country that I now project will be my favorite
Shantaram - name of the book i´m currently reading (this book is excellent, i can´t put it down!)
2 - number of times i´ve done laundry in our first 17 days of travel (although i´m due)
Rummy 500 & Poker - card games we´ve played to pass the time. (Dave owes me about $6 currently)
16 - number of days it took before my Dutch skin got sunburned. (happened yesterday while we were mountainbiking. I thought for sure this would happen sooner)

The biggest single thing I´d like to improve at is getting better about talking to other travelers as well as the locals. My Spanish is enough to get me by but I have a difficult time understanding others. The only way I´ll improve though is if i try to talk to more people. (it´s a real pickle)

Anyway, like I said, this would be a short entry, but hopefully you found it entertaining.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're having a great time.

10/31/2006 8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I somehow knew that about Argentina... glad to hear you felt that way too.

10/31/2006 9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home