Monday, October 30, 2006

Colonia de Sacremento, Uruguay

After Buenos Aires, we took a boat across the channel to Colonia, Uruguay. I chose Uruguay solely because I didn´t tell anyone I would be going there and I wanted to throw the paparatzi off of my tail. Colonia is a former fort that is a now a tourist town on the ocean. After spending the first night wondering why it seemed like there were plenty of people there, but no one went out at night, I finally learned that the nightlife on this continent doesn´t start until around 1, which is a big change from VA\NC as most of you know. Watched the town ´parade´of two dancers and 4 drum players one afternoon from the park. Met my first other American travelers here, so far Germany travels best on this continent.

Regarding technical difficulties with the camera, the biggest problem is using slow conections and computers that still have floppy disk drives. Look for some picture only entries to tie back to the text only entries once I find some more modern equipment. Why can´t there be a hostel with both tandem bikes and high speed internet? It´s a brutal life on the road I tell you.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi guys... I'm really impressed with your trip log so far! It sounds like you both are having a good time, but maybe finding out more than you ever wanted to know about each other. Take care and travel safely.
Happy Halloween!
Caroline

10/30/2006 7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uraguay and slow computers! We feel your pain, Dave! :-)
Aunt Gail

10/31/2006 11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see your having a great time. I/m having a hard time reading your text. Is there anyway to reverse the colors ? white background and black letters

11/12/2006 11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home