Thursday, October 19, 2006

The trip begins!


Greetings from Argentina!! We arrived safely on Sunday morning. Now that I´m here I can finally disclose the real reason we chose Argentina -- Mark can now get cheap surgery to replace the missing hair from his bald spot to reclaim his youth (see picture). I was questioning whether I was welcome here when I got nailed by bird poo during the 6 block walk from the bus stop to the hostel, but things only got better from there. 4 out of eight people in the room were still sleeping at noon when we checked in, apparently they have quite the Saturday nights in this neighborhood. The locals are unusually friendly here, and I spent Sunday walking through an art festivl in the neighborhood (San Telmo in Buienos Aires). My Spanish is as malo as ever, if that changes I will let you know.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad u guys made it there safely...Have fun!!

Erica

10/19/2006 11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nightlife in Argentina is AMAZING! have fun!! :)

Jackee

10/20/2006 9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cool to log on to the blog! Stay safe and have fun!
Aunt Gail

10/21/2006 1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark looks like he's on vacation.

Dave looks like he just got back from a work meeting.

10/22/2006 9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say I miss your quirky sense of humor already - o nephew of mine! [BTW - Jo is correct @ the internet! ;)]

Cousin Reuben says hi - wants to know what you are going to bring him back...

Have fun - but not TOO much! Love, Aunt Linda

10/23/2006 10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you had any opportunities with any ladies in South America?!
I'm betting NO!

10/24/2006 4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, Buenos Aires in the austral Spring...
I remember the steak and fries as being especially good...not so much the veggies.

Have fun guys...meet lots of people and speak your best fractured Spanish. They'll have mercy on you and show you their English.

10/24/2006 9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no tango encounters at all in argentina?! you have to do that on your way back...

10/24/2006 11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home