Thursday, March 01, 2007

Lori Weighs In







A bit from Lori...After finishing our long stint of working in Paihia, we headed back to Auckland. Here we met up with my friend Cheri and some of her buddies from Florida, Kajal, Palvi and LaTisha. It was great having some female companions after travelling with the boys for so long. In Auckland, amongst other things, we went to the Minus 5 Bar which was very "cool". Everything was made of ice including the glasses and seats, brrrr.
From Auckland we flew to Wellington. Here we visited the Museum of New Zealand (Te Papa), rode a cable car, went to a film archive, visited the botanical gardens and enjoyed some karaoke in the evening. We all really liked Wellington and if we didn't find jobs in Paihia, we were going to work here.
After our stay in Wellington, we took the morning ferry down to Picton where we will begin our journey on the South Island.
Just a couple side notes...Here they call restrooms, toilets and you get funny/confused looks if you ask for the restroom. Next, one of my concerns as a backpacker was getting caught in a room with a loud snorer...little did I know I'd be travelling with one. I'll let you all guess who that might be, you've got a 50% chance.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm guessing since Mark & Lori are brother and sister she would have already known he was a huge snorer, so I'm going to guess it's David. :)

3/11/2007 9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

turn him to his side. that helps..

3/11/2007 11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since his dad snores, I'm guessing it is David, too!

Happy 29th birthday, David! We are missing celebrating it with you!

3/15/2007 2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's great to have some words from Lori! Keep it up! And I'd have to go against the grain and say Mark is the culprit.

3/17/2007 12:32 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

I confess, I'm the guilty snorer. Leslie you got it right!

3/21/2007 4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home