Saturday, January 13, 2007

My Impressions of Sydney




Well we spent two weeks in beautiful Sydney, Australia and we all enjoyed it. Our first night was New Year's Eve which was fun. They put on the best fireworks show I've ever seen. We also spent a few days at Manly Beach which is a beautiful beach. I've been trying to run (exercise) as much as possible, and running on the footpaths along the beach is beautiful. Everybody seems to run in Sydney so it makes it easier to motivate myself. The sun is very intense and I have to be careful with my freshly shaven bald head. The prices here have also come as a shock to us all as we're having a hard time finding a place to eat out for less than about $9 USD, so we're cooking as many meals as possible which is nice.
After staying in Manly moved into the city and are staying in a part of the city called Woolloomooloo (love the name!) Here we're staying in a huge 4 story hostel. We like it here because it's very close to the Royal Botanic Gardens (the most beautiful gardens I've ever visited) and it's close to the heart of Sydney. (I run by the Sydney Opera House everyday) We stayed here a little over a week and did a lot of things. We have spent a lot of time in the nearby gardens, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney Fish Market, Sydney Aquarium (very impressive), tour of the Opera House, saw an Opera (La Traviata) at the Opera House, visited Admiralty House (the Govenor General's House), visited Kirribilli House (the Prime Minister's house), saw street performers at Circular Quay, walked across the famous Sydney Harbour Bridge, visited the world-famous Bondi Beach (HUGE waves the day we were there), Australian National Maritime Museum, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton of other things.
Now, we're off to New Zealand to find jobs in order to support our insatiable travel habit. Wish us luck!

4 Comments:

Blogger Brianne said...

I love the pictures!!!!!

1/14/2007 12:47 AM  
Blogger Meredith said...

Dave,
It is funny that you just posted the comments on the blog that we just put up. It is 1:50am, Brianne and I just put it up about an hour or so ago. we were just copying yours and Marks. We don't know what we are doing- just trying to make itlook cool! Unfortunately, we have 2 buddy passes and one of them must be used by june 30th so it looks like Brianne and I have to go somewhere on our own.... you guys were our inspiration though and we are so sad that we cannot meet any sooner. basically we can leave anytime from march through last day of June and we can go anywhere we want.... Brianne just wants to be somewhere in Europe though.
Can you believe that we will all be far away and nowhere close??? so- are you going to shave your head too?

1/14/2007 1:53 AM  
Blogger Meredith said...

Hey! Dave- i sent you an email, Mark- for some reason I never wrote down your gmail address.... Brianne and I are having a hard time figuring out where we are going to go. We know that we must use the buddy passes by June 30th and we can go somewhere by ourselves but.... we would rather meet up with you. I think Brianne is cracking and we may be able to meet up with you after all. I believe that will be so much fun- check your email and get back to us!!!! All of your pictures are great on your site! I wish you guys could write more often!

1/22/2007 11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

11/10/2008 4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home