Sunday, March 18, 2007

3---2---1---Bungy!! (what?? bungy is a number)























Well I did what many come to New Zealand to do.... I bungy-jumped! I hadn't planned on doing it when I signed up for this trip, but after sky-diving I was looking for a new thrill. This definitely provided it, b/c I had to take the plunge myself. (whereas with skydiving your tandem partner does the jumping for you) Also I went without either of my travel companions who were interested in other activities.

I decided to bungy in Queenstown (the adventure capital of the world). And I decided to do the "Nevis Highwire Bungy" which is the tallest in New Zealand at 440 ft. It's called highwire for a reason, you jump from a gondola suspended on a wire over a huge gorge with a river at the bottom. You get about 8 seconds of free fall before you bounce back! It was heaps of fun! The pics don't do it justice.

You'll notice in the pics that I go through the usual phases of bungy. Excitement, nervousness, relief.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home